Evocative/suppression testing codes (CPT 80400 through 80440) are used when evocative or suppressive agents are administered, and the subsequent patient response relative to baseline values is measured. These codes are used only for the laboratory component of the overall test. Physician administration of evocative or suppressive agent is reported using the following codes:
- 90780 INFUSION FOR THERAPY/DIAGNOSIS: administered by physician or under direct supervision of physician up to 1 h
- 90781 INFUSION FOR THERAPY/DIAGNOSIS: administered by physician or under direct supervision of physician, each additional hour, up to 8 h
- 90782 THERAPEUTIC OR DIAGNOSTIC INJECTION: subcutaneous or intramuscular
- 90783 THERAPEUTIC OR DIAGNOSTIC INJECTION: intraarterial
- 90784 THERAPEUTIC OR DIAGNOSTIC INJECTION: intravenous
Supplies and drugs used in performing evocative/suppression panels are reported using CPT code 99070 (supplies and materials provided by physician over and above those usually included with the office visit or other services rendered). Appropriate evaluation and management codes may be used to report physician attendance and monitoring. Prolonged physician care codes may be used if appropriate, but not for prolonged infusions reported under CPT codes 90780 and 90781.