Medicare Provider Part B HELPFUL TIPS WHEN USING THE IVR:
* Use a telephone with a handset or headset
* Avoid using a speakerphone or cell phone
* Avoid calling from areas with loud background noise.
* Speak the requested information clearly
AREAS WHERE VALIDATION IS REQUIRED:
* Status Items – National Provider Identifier (NPI), Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN), Tax Identification Number (TIN), Patient Medicare Number & Name as shown on the Medicare Card, Date of Service.
* Eligibility Items –NPI, TIN, and PTAN, Patient Medicare Number and Name as shown on the Medicare Card, Date of Birth
* Pending Provider Claims – NPI, TIN, and PTAN
* Provider Check Information – NPI, TIN, and PTAN
To enter the alphabetical portion of any name or number, you must indicate you are entering an alphabetical character, by pressing the * key. Second, press the key containing the letter you wish to enter. Third, press the number 1,2 or 3 depending on the position of the number of that key. (#) should be used at the very end.
To enter A, press *, 2, 1#
To enter B, press *, 2, 2#
Voice dates as March 31st, 2008. When keying required, enter the two-digit month, two-digit day, and the 4-digit year (Both 2 and 4 digit year accepted when using touchtone only.)
(END HELPFUL TIPS)