ADDRESS CHANGE or OTHER PRACTICE INFORMATION:
Yes. In order for CarePlus to maintain accurate participating provider irectories and also for reimbursement purposes, all changes to address or practice information should be submitted in writing to CarePlus as soon as possible. Notices of any changes must adhere to time frames outlined in the participation agreement.
Changes that require notice to CarePlus may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provider Information
* Tax Identification Number
* National Provider Indicator (NPI)
* Phone Number
* Practice Name
* Adding a physician – physician joining practice/group. Please note that the new physician must be credentialed first before rendering treatment to any CarePlus member.
* Provider deletions – provider no longer participating with the practice/group
* Medicare numbers
SITE VISITS – FACILITIES AND ENVIRONMENT:
CarePlus conducts site visits to assess the office environment as it relates to physical accessibility, physical appearance, adequacy of patient care areas and medical equipment, medical record policies and practice management. A site visit may be conducted upon initial credentialing and on other occasions as determined by the Plan (e.g., quality review).
The standards reviewed during site visits include, but may not be limited to, the following:
1. Site is operated in a safe and secure manner.
2. Provide reception areas, toilets, and telephones in accordance with patient/visitor volume.
3. Adequately marked patient/visitor parking, when appropriate.
4. Examination rooms, dressing rooms, and reception areas are constructed and maintained in a manner that ensures patient privacy.
5. Provisions are made to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals.
6. Adequate lighting and ventilation are provided in all areas.
7. Office/Facility is clean and properly maintained.
8. Space allocated for a particular function or service is adequate for the activities performed therein.
9. Smoking is prohibited in the office/facility.
10. Office/Facility must be in compliance with applicable state and local building codes and regulations; state and local fire prevention regulations; applicable federal regulation and receive periodic inspection by local or state fire control agency, if this service is available in the community.